Thursday, November 11, 2010

Old people talk a lot...


I was just speaking to a friend about when old people grab you and just chat to you for an hour on the most random stuff ever… From where rivers used to flow to their time spent in Rhodesia before it become Zimbabwe.

He was complaining about how much time it waste and they are annoying and irritating, I was saying it is not that bad, and one day we will be able to do it to the next generation, so those very young that have stumbled across this blog… be warned, I am coming for you!!!

However on further introspection of our conversation the conclusion was this… That the one hour we give to them is worth more to them than it is costing us for that hour. SO take a deep breathe, accept the cup of tea and who knows you might learn something. If you don’t at least you will be gathering useless information to share with some unwilling bystander as you grow older. 

3 comments:

  1. It drives me crazy. When they were young, didn't old people talk too much? They should have remembered how annoying it was for them to have to sit through it so that they could NOT be like that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the plus side, one day when you are old you will be able to keep quiet :) Or you can extract your revenge on some youngster. Sometimes people just need someone too talk too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to having an excuse to drive badly when I'm old. I drive badly now and I don't have an excuse... so it'll be way better when I'm 80!

    ReplyDelete