Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Church Sign "All welcome...do not disturb"



We have some warped ideas of church, that its either for weirdo's. Or we have to dress a certain way, act a certain way before we can go to church.

I was chatting to someone at the skate park the other day, and they said “its only kooks that get saved” In others words people that cant really skate or the weird people in society” Part of me was like yeah I suppose you right…

I have always seen that as a bad thing, But rather through the love of God I am starting to see it as a compliment. That people notice that God’s love is for anyone. It is not exclusive. Jesus says “A healthy person does not go to the doctor, but rather the sick”

Does the world look at our church and our actions and go “All is really welcome there” Rather than just a sign that hangs on our door…

God so loved the world – There is nothing exclusive about a world embracing love. Our love very often becomes restricted to those we like, those part of our friendship group. To those that will not require lots of energy or our money.

We love the lovely, the lovable, and the loving but that is not agape love, that is not the love of God.


When we limit church to certain people it's about us, when we open it up it's about God

The love of God love is wide enough to welcome the unfortunate in large numbers. 


I go to church because I love God, I love his people, I love interacting, I love that church is where I can go and not have to wear a mask, not have to have money in my wallet, not have to have everything in order. Its about loving God... 

1 comment:

  1. Nicely put Pastor Jones :-) But I am slightly offended that you are implying that I am a "misfit" in society... I think nothing of the sort :-)

    ReplyDelete