Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Factory Shop Church

Living in Jeffreys Bay I am constantly surrounded by factory shops, and I know of lots of people that come to J-Bay just to come to the shops, never mind the beautiful beaches and good waves. There is an allure; something that is called factory shop, regardless of if it actually meets the requirements of a factory shop. Like being cheaper than a normal shop.

The family and I are up in Joburg for a little bit, and everywhere we drive it seems that on every corner there is a factory shop. Despite knowing the signs it's nothing more than a lie to get people's attention to stop and have a look around. Something inside me just wants to stop every time. I mean, we were driving down the one road, and saw a sign that said “Factory Shop”. No details of what it would be offering. It took all my energy to not continue down the road towards the mysterious factory shop.

My point in all this rambling is if you want to grow your church, just call it a factory shop church. For some unknown reason people will just show up with a desire to spend money ☺ So you can double you attendance and tithes by simply changing the name. And who said post modernism is dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment